14 April 2013

Inkspirational Photo Challenge

Hi everyone,

 

Well we have a wonderful new Photo Challenge over at Inkspirational.

 

I have gone very pink in my card and created the background on the Very Vanilla Cardstock by adding marker colours to a clear block with some water.  I haven’t used my markers for a while so it was good to try a few different colours to see what created the best background.

 

It took a few goes to get the right background but I like the one I eventually settled on.

 

The image is from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set and has been stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.

The lovely ribbon is the Two-Tone Ribbon Pink Pirouette/ Rose Red.

 

Here is my card

 

P1010355_edited-1

 

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Serene Silhouettes

Card: Raspberry Ripple, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip

Accessories:  Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Two Tone Ribbon, Regal Rose, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

 

 

 

Here is the inspirational photo:

 

 

 

 

 

I love the image to me it just seems to capture a lovely spring day.

 

I would like to add my card to the following challenges:

 

Bloggers Challenge – Emboss Me

Card Crafters Circle Challenge – Die Cut and/or Dry Embossing

Simply Create Too Challenge - #35 Use your stash

The Stamping Chef Challenge – Girly Girl

Whimsical Design Challenge – Emboss It

Whimsy Inspires Challenge  - #58 Pretty in Pink

Kaboodle Doodles Challenge - #166 Use any shade of Pink

Melon Headz Challenge – Make it Girly

 

 

Thanks for visiting my little craft corner and I hope to see you again soon…..Meg

 

11 comments:

sandie said...

This background is gorgeous and love the way you have created it. The bow is just perfect x

The Gov. said...

Just Beautiful! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Pia S said...

I love the effect you've created with makers and water on your clear block! The image is lovely, I love the silhouette feel of it, and it's a great layout too. This is such a classy and elegant card!

Ruth M said...

This is a lovely card Meg, perfect for Spring! I've tried just inking an acrylic block but not tried with water as well - what a great look!
Ruth x

Marjo said...

Lovely card, great design. Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too.

Hugz Marjo

Marina said...

I love this watercolour effect, Meighan. Very pretty.Marina

Unknown said...

Meighan this is just beautiful! I love acrylic color blocking and yours turned out gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card! The ribbon/bow is beautiful and the embossing looks lovely. Thanks for playing along with the Whimsical Wednesday challenge at Whimsical Designs!

Pauline said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Card Crafter's Circle!

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely STUNNING, Meighan! I adore all that gorgeous pink and the fabulous dry embossed frame! :) HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

So pretty and elegant! I love how you created the background....it adds so much interest to the card and really compliments that stamped image. The embossing is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge at Whimsical Designs!

Post a Comment