07 April 2013

CAGI Sketch

Over at Come and Get It, Judy is hosting our new challenge which is a sketch challenge.

If you are a frequent visitor to my blog you will know that I love butterflies and they appear on most of my creations.

Well Judy’s sketch inspired me to use butterflies but I have used the new Bitty Butterfly Punch to my butterflies this time.

I have also used a sheet of the DSP from the Print Poetry papers and cut it out to create this little border.

The colours I have used Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit and these colours all appear in the Print Poetry Papers pack.

The background stamp is the En Francais which has been stamped in Midnight Muse ink and the sentiment stamp is from one of the stamps from recent Sale-a-Bration called Vintage Verses.

Here is my card:


P1010352_edited-1



 
Supplies:
Stamp set: SAB Vintage Verses (retired), En Francais
Card: Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Raspberry Ripple
Ink: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse
Accessories:  Bitty Butterfly Punch, Print Poetry DSP, Summer Starfruit 3/8” (1 cm) Stitched Satin Ribbon, ,Pearls, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive


Here is Judy’s sketch:
 



I am really happy with this card and the more I look at it the more I like it. 

With the sentiment that I have used it could be for a birthday, cheer me up card or even a Mother’s day card!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

2 Sisters Challenge – # 138 Anything Goes
One Stop Craft Shop Challenge – # 223 Birthdays
CCEE Stampers Challenge – # 1314 Things with Wings
Creative Moments Challenge - #14 Things with Wings
Country View Monthly Challenge -  #2 Butterflies
Vickie’s Monthly Challenge – Anything Goes
The Crafting Cafe Monthly Challenge – Let’s Celebrate


Wishing you all a wonderful and safe week, keep creating and we would love you to visit at Come and Get It if you get a chance……Meg

11 comments:

Pia S said...

What a wonderful card and great sketch! I really like your butterfly version of it!

Laurian said...

What a lovely card!

Thanks for joining us at Nana Vic's challenge over at Lady Annes and I hope we'll see you again soon!

Hugs

Laurian

Dawn said...

Meighan, your card is so sweet! I love thse butterflies! Thanks so much for playing at The Crafting Cafe!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

alex said...

Lovely card, and a beautiful design, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments

Judy McKay said...

Great card Meighan. I like your idea of the framed butterflies. Judy

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

Fabulous design and I love your paper you have used which is perfect. I too love butterflies. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Cards by Lady Anne

Lady Anne's Challenge
Lady Anne's Stamp Challenge
Lady Anne's: NanaVic's Challenge

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great card Meighan, but we Have decided to give you the nickname of Butterfly lady, as you do love them and I think you use them when ever you get the chance, lol
Cindy

Inkypinkycraft said...

A really pretty card, love the colour contrast and design thanks for joining us at country view crafts challenge trace x

WeirdCat said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight
Ruth x

Claire said...

A really lovely card - so elegant, the butterflies are just so pretty. Thanks for playing along at The Crafting Cafe this month! Claire x

mand said...

Lovely card, very pretty. Amanda x

Post a Comment