01 March 2014

Inkspirational Colour Challenge

Hi everyone,

 

We have a great new fortnightly Colour challenge at Inkspirational.  So what are the colours:

 

Purple, Green and White

 

You can pick two or three of the colours to use but your project should be limited to these colours only.

 

At first I just couldn’t decide what to do with these colours but I believe with every colour challenge it is about the balance of the colours.

 

I knew I wanted a simple layout so I went searching for current sketch and found the sketch challenge at Pals Paper Arts and I have used this sketch for the inspiration of the layout.

 

I love my butterflies so they have featured too and I wanted to send the card to my sister, so the sentiment of “thinking of you” was a perfect fit.

 

Here is my card:

 

P1010843_edited

 

 

 

The colours that I have used are Wild Wasabi, Concord Crush and Whisper White. 

 

The DSP is from my stash and the punches used are the Scallop Trim Border and Modern Label punches. Oh and don’t forget the bling!

 

Here is the sketch from Pals Paper Arts

 

PPA193

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Pals Paper Arts – #193 Sketch

Creative Corner Challenge - Green

Jelly Park Challenge – Things with Wings

Simply Create Too Challenge - #56 Shop in your Stash

Little Red Wagon Challenge - #226 Yearning for Spring

Tuesday Throwdown Challenge - #184 Anything Goes

Card Mania Challenge - #41 Use Sentiment

Eureka Stamps Challenge - #78 Add a Butterfly

Pile it on Challenge – Thinking of You

 

 

Have a wonderful weekend, keep safe and thanks for visiting.

 

Meg

16 comments:

Rosanne said...

Very pretty, lovely colour combo! Thanks for sharing at Little Red Wagon this week!

Marina said...

Yes, I think you're right about the balance and it's interesting how different things can look with the colours in different proportions. This is a great choice of design - fab butterflies and a great job done with the colour combo.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Meg: Your card is beautiful!! Love your colors. Glad you joined our "Use Your Stash Challenge #56" and hope you enter in all our Simply Create Too upcoming challenges also.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Nikki Stalker said...

Great job on the colour challenge. Love your double layer scalloped trim edge and your butterflies.

Nikki

Cathy said...

Love these gorgeous butterflies Meighan, great take on the sketch, Cathy x

designermc said...

Pretty card and I love the sketch. Great butterflies. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Corner Challenges.
Nancy, DT

sandie said...

I do like,this DSP and cool way to layer the butterflies x

Marja B. said...

Lovely colors and the butterflies are so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at Simply Create Too!

Hugs, Marja
Simply Create Too DT

Anonymous said...

So very pretty, love the layered butterflies!

Just a Thought... said...

Wow!! Very cute card!!! Love the colors and the butterflies!! Thank you for playing with us at Pals Paper Arts!!!

Nonni said...

Great layout! Your 3-dimensional butterflies are beautiful. Pretty card!

bestevenn said...

lovely card you have made. Tahnk you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

Anonymous said...

oh purple and green is my fave colour combo in clothes at the moment...so of course it looks stunning on your card

thanks a lot for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges
Love Mel xxx

Tracey said...

Wonderful card, I love the colours :o)
Thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends & Good Luck!
xx

Gitte said...

Lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at card and Scrap.
DT-Gitte.

Sophie said...

Pretty card! I like how you have used the layout. Thank you for joining the ''Things with wings'' challenge at Jellypark Friends!

Post a Comment