21 January 2014

HJ – Christmas Animals

We have a cute new challenge over at Holly Jolly this week.  Our theme is:

 

Christmas Animals

 

There is some very cute Animal images around that can be used to create a unique Christmas card, so we would love you to share with us.

 

Plus you could be in the running for a prize from our Sponsor Oak Pond Creations.

 

I have used one of the sponsors images called Dog Angel and he is so cute.

 

The layout of my card is inspired by the very funky sketch at Retro Sketches – I love the rounded corners on the sketch and the idea to add the background paper at the back. Great Sketch!!

 

The paper is one of about three new paper packs I purchased from a local Lincraft store and is called Vintage Christmas by Couture Creations.

 

Here is my card:

 

P1010786_edited-1

 

Told you he was cute and he has been coloured in with my copic markers and I added a little bit of silver glitter in his halo.

 

The sentiment is from an SU set called Christmas Messages and the Ribbon is an SU ribbon from the current Seasonal Catalogue.

 

Here is the sketch:

 

 

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Retro Sketches Challenge - #98 Sketch

Avenue 613 Challenge - #55 Anything Goes with optional Twist, Shades of Blue

Dream Valley Challenge - #73 Boys/Men & DT Call

Great Impressions Stamps Monthly Challenge – Use Something New

My Perfect Life Challenge – Christmas Cards

One Stitch at a Time Challenge - #196 Use a Digi

The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge - #61 Show off your new Stuff

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - #160 Shades of Blue

Winter Wonderland Challenge – Use a Dog on your creation

 

 

Thank you so much for having a peek at my creation.

 

Have a wonderful week and keep well. 

 

Meg

14 comments:

Nonni said...

What a cute little doggie! Sweet card!

Mimi said...

Very cute card Megan, beautiful colouring on your digi and well done you on being so organised doing your Christmas cards now :) :) Good luck in this weeks OSAAT 'Use a Digi' challenge. Hugs Jane OSAAT DT

Sparkly Engineer said...

This puppy is so sweet. I love his little halo. Thanks for playing with Great Impressions this month.

Mary Anne

Ingrid Mason said...

Awww Meighan, what a cute image and you really have brought out his angelic side with your beautiful colouring .....when I had a puppy I thought of her as a little angel though, in all honesty I was blinded by her cuteness because she was quite capable of being a proper little devil on occasion. Your backing papers are beautiful and the little silver bow reflects the sparkle in puppy's shiny halo so prettily.

Thank you for sharing this lovely card in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

Mynn xx said...

So darling, Meighan! LOVE that sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! I hope you join us again soon! HUGS! Mynn xx

Marina said...

Hey Meighan this angel dog is cute and beautifully coloured by you. Great choice of layout and lovely backing paper. So pleased to have you link up to my Festive 48. Marina

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the cute Angel Dog Christmas/New Year card. Like your coloring & the silver halo. My first dog I had was an Angel. Dog I have now is a beast. I believe that it is true that like children, dogs are one of a kind and no two are made from the same mold. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch196 Use a Digi.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
OSAAT DT

downrightcrafty said...

totally gorgeous so sweet thank you for entering our Dog challenge at the Winter wonderland
Hugs Kate xx
ps. I have new release candy if you are interested :)

Unknown said...

Such a cut little dog.
Thanks for joining in at One Stitch At A Time this week
Hugs Katie x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and such an adorable image.
Thank you for joining the Winter Wonderland ' A dog is not just for christmas' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

I am drawn to this card/image. How lovely. I can see it being used both for Christmas like you've done and a pet sympathy card. Your colouring is amazing as always and I love the soft-suitableness of it.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week. Good luck. Hope to see you again soon.

Lynn, OSAAT DT

Unknown said...

I love the cute puppy angel! And great colours choice.....such a cute card...love it. Thanks for joining is at OSAAT this week. Anita DT

Unknown said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the fox challenge blog with our new stuff challenge . Hugs Tania (DT) xx

Pia S said...

I really like what you created with this sketch as inspiration. Great layout and love the adorable angel dog!

Post a Comment