15 May 2012

Christmas Stocking Card

Hi everyone,

 

Well it is our second challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas.  If you haven’t had a look yet, come over and meeting everyone and join in the fun!!!

 

This week’s challenge is by Judy and the theme is Christmas Stockings.

 

I do not have any Christmas stocking images and I could have loaned a set from someone but I had been surfing on the internet, I know bad mistake.  When I do this I find so much inspiration and bookmark so many pages to come back too and time just flies by.

 

Anyway I found a video on U-Tube which created a Christmas Stocking with DSP and I booked marked it for this challenge.

 

The DSP for my stocking is from the Letters to Santa pack and the base of the stocking is in Old Olive cardstock.

 

I also found the Faux Patina technique on Splitcoaststampers which intrigued me. This technique uses an embossing folder and ink. I thought I could use it on my stocking so I have given this ago also.

 

The colours that I used to create my Faux Patina look were Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Old Olive and Early Espresso.  I did not have gold embossing folder so I went through my stash and found silver instead.  This is such a quick and different look and I think I will try it again with some different colours.

 

The Faux Patina was added to the top, corner and toe of my stocking with some of the Whisper White Organza Ribbon.

 

The image Joy at Christmas image from the Perfect Punches stamp set was stamped on Whisper White cardstock with Riding Hood Red and added it to the front of the card with Dimensionals.

 

Here is my card…

 

P1000194_edited-1

 

 

 

 

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Perfect Punches

Card: Old Olive, Whisper White

Ink: Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Early Espresso

Accessories:  5/8” (1.6 cm) Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Letters to Santa DSP, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You can see a little of the colour under the silver embossing powder but next time I would try less embossing power and see how that turns out.

 

For now I happy with my little Christmas Stocking card.

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Bunny Zoe’s Crafts Monthly Challenge - #24 Anything Goes

Delicious Doodles Challenge - #19 Try Something New

Phindy's Place Challenge - #105 Christmas in May

4 Crafty Chicks Challenge – # 89 Sentiment Only

Crimbo Crackers Challenge - #15 Sentiment as Focal Point (Christmas Challenge)

 

 

Have a wonderful week and I hope to see you back soon…. Meg

 

3 comments:

Judy McKay said...

I really liked your design Meighan. I will have to try the Faux Patina effect on your card. Great job.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Very cool card, I really like it, and yeah I see the color under the embossing powder, I guess it's another technique I will have to try at some point. Always something new to try. Great job.
Cindy

Julie Temple said...

I just LOVE this! Perfect shape, and the papers and EF are TOO COOL! Great card!

Julie

Post a Comment