13 March 2012

Going Green

Hi everyone,

 

It’s St. Patrick’s Day on Saturday and nearly everyone is going green so I have joined in.

 

I have used one of my favourite greens – Old Olive, for the base of my card with a small amount of the DSP Paisley Petals.

 

I have tried to stay as green as possible but there is a little hint of colour in the DSP and I have stamped the Hello Blossoms stamp in Early Espresso and punched out the letters.  The word ‘hello’ has been added to the Always Artichoke image with Dimensionals.

 

For a contrast colour I have used River Rock other than that I am pretty green.

 

IMG_2059_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Hello Blossoms

Card: Old Olive, River Rock, Whisper White
Ink: Always Artichoke, Early Espresso

Accessories:  Oval Punch (Retired), Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, 5/8” (1.6 cm) Organza Ribbon Whisper White, Always Artichoke Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Paisley Petals DSP, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

I have also used some of the Whisper White Organza Ribbon and layered some retired Always Artichoke Grosgrain Ribbon.

 

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

 

Creative Belli Blog Challenges - #138 Sketch

DYSU – # 62 Go Green

Pile It On ! – Shades of Green/St Patrick’s Day

Inky Impressions – Use Green, Luck of the Irish

Phindy’s Place – Green

Raise The Bar -  # 95 Go Green

Delightful Challenges – St Patrick’s Day

Simply Create Too – I’m So Lucky

Alphabet Challenge Blog – C for Celebrate St, Patrick’s Day or Good Luck

Pixie Dust Studio – # 117 Irish

Make it Monday – # 80 Anything Goes

 

Before I go an Irish Blessing:

 

May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and the road downhill all the way to your door – Unknown Author

 

 

Until next time…. Meg

21 comments:

Anita said...

I love this Meg, so much to drool over. Thanks for playing along witt us this week at Inky Impressions Challenges. Hugs, Anita

Rene said...

I love this time of year because everyone starts using my favorite color: GREEN!!!! Lovely card! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card! I love the image you used with the punched out letter. St Pat's Day is one of my favorite timed=s of the year- love Corned Beef! Thanks for playing along with the Belli challenge sketch!

jonim52 said...

Love the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

Denise said...

Such a sweet card.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

happyscrapper said...

I love the way you did the sentiment. The layout is also wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches this week, and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at Delightful Sketches

Robin Parker said...

Love the color and the sentiment. Thanks fir sharing on the Belli Challenge for our Sketch.

Jackie said...

Super sweet card, I love the multi-layers of green! Thank you for joining us this week at the Inky Impressions Challenge!

Lorianna said...

Such a pretty card Love it
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On this week ,
hope you'll join us again
Hugs
Lorianna PIO DT

Unknown said...

Stunning papers! Such an elegant card! Saw this over at MIM!
Nat -x-

Riette said...

What a great green card! I love the panels and the litty bitty flowers :D Saw you at MIM.

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous card highlighting greens! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

paper fun said...

I love your cheerful Hello. Lovely flowers.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Meg: Your card is so wonderful--I love EVERYTHING about it. Thank You for visiting us and entering our new challenge, Challenge #8 "I'm SssOooo Lucky!" Come back tomorrow to see our new challenge--I think you'll like it!

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Mynn xx said...

This is darling! I just ADORE the hello flowers! And the texture from the embossing folder is wonderful! :)

uksharon said...

Looks simply but is really effective. I think this one of the hardest things to do.
Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Cat said...

Love the LO on your pretty card! Thanks for joining the Pixies at Pixie Dust Studio!

Michelle said...

Hi Meg

Wonderful card!! Green can be hard to work with but you have really succeeded in creating a great card.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Cec said...

Love this clean and simple layout. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

Chris said...

what a cute and clever way to put your sentiment. great card.
thanks for playing with us at PIO.

Lesley said...

Great card, I love the flowers! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Post a Comment