08 June 2011

For You

 

Hi everyone how was your weekend?

 

Mine was great!  I caught up with a friend of mine I have know since were 5 years old and every time we catch up it is wonderful.

 

Our children all played together and it was nice to get away for the weekend.  I think sometimes we forget to stop and just enjoy times like this.

 

That was my weekend but now on to the card I have created for two challenges.

 

The sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary and the current Play Date Cafe Challenge.

 

 

Create Sketches Square-011

 

From the picture inspiration at the Play Date Cafe I have used Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz and and Very Vanilla.

 

I have used Riding Hood Red for the base of my card and I have also used some of the Botanical Gazette DSP from the Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue.

 

 

IMG_1811_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Nature Walk, Clearly for You

Card: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive Very Vanilla
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz

Accessories:  3/8” (1cm) Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

I used a dauber to add a touch of Cherry Cobbler to the edges of the DSP.

 

I love the image of the butterfly on the DSP, they just seem to be flying in the background.

 

Thanks for visiting again, please come back soon.

 

Until next time keep creating…. Meg x

8 comments:

Mary Brown said...

I love the use of the riding hood red as your base with the green strips on there. It really makes it pop! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

Debbie Henderson said...

Great job Meg........the DSP actually looks like it was stamped with VersaMark. Works well with the stamped layer! Thanks for playing this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE your CAS design, Meg! Such a pretty take on our color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Martz said...

Clean and simple. Great colors. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Deb said...

Very nicely done! I love this image! Everything works so well together! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Michele Gross said...

Those panels are so pretty! I'm glad you got to have some special catchup time with your friend :) Good times makes for happy cardmaking :) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Great design and I love the colours you chose. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty, love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Post a Comment