31 May 2011

It’s Black & White with a Splash of Green

Hi everyone,

 

How was your weekend?  Hope your week is off to a good start!

 

I did go to the movies with my Mum and saw “Water for Elephants” – it was a very good movie but I the circus master was a very cruel man! 

 

I know that they say that the book in normally better than the movie but for this movie I do not believe I could read the book.  I must say the elephant in the movie was beautiful – as beautiful an elephant can be !

 

On to crafty things and I have a card to share with you.

 

The colours have been inspired by the challenge at The Play Date Cafe – It’s Black and White with a touch of Green.

 

The sketch layout was from Sketch Frenzy Friday – this sketch has closed but I liked the simplicity of it:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have used Basic Black for the base of the card and I have embossed the Whisper White in the Big Shot with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.

 

 

IMG_1804_edited-1

 

Supplies:

Stamp set: Clearly for You, Pocket Silhouettes

Card: Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz

Accessories:  1-3/8” (3.5 cm) Circle Large Punch, 1-3/4” (4.4 cm) Scallop Circle Extra-Large, 1-1/4” (3.2 cm) Basic Black Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, White Uni-ball Signo Gel Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive

 

 

This was a really quick card to do and I just love the large striped grosgrain ribbon.

 

What do you think?  Leave me a message if you get a chance and visit again soon! 

 

 

Meg x

5 comments:

Ruby said...

I never know whether to watch the film or read books first! Very pretty card. I always love that ribbon, it's so dramatic! It all works so well with that embossed background too! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a downright elegant design! Love the emobssing and that fabulous, eye-catching ribbon! Simply beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Michelle said...

Beautiful and elegant!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Meighan, I love the sketch you chose, and applied our challenge colors to create something CAS and elegant! THanks for playing with us at The Play DAte CAfe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Gorgeous embossing and I love that ribbon to the side. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Post a Comment